WALK & TALK 2022
From Sunday 25th September to Saturday 1st October 2022
Improve your Spanish in a natural way while completing your pilgrimage
to Santiago de Compostela
Six days to walk the Camino Portugués (Portuguese way), from Tui to Santiago de Compostela.
This route is over 100km, so you will be eligible to receive the Compostela– a certificate of completion of the Camino de Santiago, issued by the Pilgrim’s Office in Santiago de Compostela.
Guided conversations in Spanish to create a rounded experience in which practising Spanish is as important as walking the path.
We meet in Tui on Sunday (25 Sept.) start walking on Monday.
Día 1: Tui – Porriño (17km)
Día 2: Porriño – Redondela (16km)
Día 3: Redondela – Pontevedra (19km)
Día 4: Pontevedra – Caldas de Reis (23km)
Día 5: Caldas de Reis – Padrón (18.5km)
Día 6: Padrón – Santiago de Compostela (25km)
- Accommodation: 6 nights’ accommodation included (25-30 Sept.). You also have the option to have your luggage transferred from hotel to hotel.
- Food: All breakfasts and 1 meal per day (lunch or dinner) are included. Coffee breaks are not included due mainly to logistics. We understand that the group might not be walking at the same speed, so the meals that happen during the walking time are not included the price.
- Guided talks: Guided conversations in Spanish to create a rounded experience in which practising Spanish is as important as walking the path.
- Pre-walk materials: Prior to the walk, you will receive a booklet containing information about the route, topics of discussion for each day, vocabulary and some reflection questions so you can prepare in advance if you wish.
- Travel journal: To benefit both from the pilgrimage and the language, you will be invited to write – in Spanish – a daily entry in your travel journal. I will correct your text (if you want) and give you feedback to improve your writing skills.
I was teaching Spanish in Ireland for years. Now I live on the Camino de Santiago. I see pilgrims passing by all the time. This sparked my enthusiasm for the Camino, which is a life-changing experience. And I think that knowing at least some basic Spanish can enrich this experience. So I decided to combine my teaching experience with my interest in the Camino: I created Spanish for the Camino, in order to help pilgrims have a better experience by giving them the tools to communicate in Spanish.
To join me in this immersion life-changing experience, click the button below and fill the form or email me.
You are not sure if this is for you? Schedule a free call where I can answer your questions and we can discuss all details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in this experience?
- 6 nights’ accommodation (Sunday to Friday).
- Immersive, custom 6-day Spanish course and coaching sessions from native Spanish speaker and experienced tutor María Seco.
- Breakfasts and 1 meal per day, including a final lunch in Santiago after we arrive.
- Both structured and spontaneous conversation practice.
If you have dietary restrictions, that’s not a problem. Let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What’s the necessary Spanish level?
All levels are welcome, although some basic Spanish is an advantage. The group is hand-picked to ensure that each participant will be able to achieve their language goals.
If you are unsure about whether your level is right for this walk and talk experience, don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com. We can have a chat and I’ll do my best to help you
How do I get to Tui?
The nearest airport is Vigo. From there, you can take a bus or train to Tui.
You can also fly to Santiago or even Porto, in Portugal.
Alternatively, Rome2Rio is fantastic tool to explore different travel options.
If you’d like expert assistance with your travel arrangements, let me know and I’ll find the best way for you.
How do I join?
Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a bit of background about how long you’ve been learning Spanish and a description of what level you’re at. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from me with instructions to confirm your booking.
I Have More Questions. What Should I do?
No problem! Email me at email@example.com and we can schedule a free call.