Walk & Talk 2024
From Sunday May 5 to Saturday May 11, 2024
Improve your Spanish in a natural way while completing your pilgrimage
on the Camino de Santiago
Six days to walk the Variante Espiritual of the Camino Portugués, from Vigo to Santiago.
We’re walking 100km, which means you will be eligible to receive the Compostela– the document that certifies you have completed the pilgrimage to Santiago.
Guided conversations in Spanish to create a rounded experience in which practising Spanish is as important as walking the path.
We meet in Vigo on Sunday (May 5) & start walking on Monday.
Día 1: Vigo – Redondela (16km)
Día 2: Redondela – Pontevedra (20km)
Día 3: Pontevedra – Armenteira (20km)
Día 4: Armenteira – Vilanova de Arousa (24km)
Día 5: Vilanova de Arousa – Padrón (by boat to Pontecesures)
Día 6: Padrón – Santiago (26km)
- Accommodation: 6 nights’ accommodation included (May 5-10). Backpack transfer service included.
- Food: All breakfasts + 1 meal per day (lunch or dinner) are included. Coffee breaks are not included.
- Guided talks: Guided conversations in Spanish to create a rounded experience in which practising Spanish is as important as walking the path.
- Pre-walk materials: Prior to the walk, you will receive a booklet containing information about the route, topics of discussion for each day, vocabulary and some reflection questions so you can prepare in advance if you wish.
- Travel journal: To benefit both from the pilgrimage and the language, you will be invited to write – in Spanish – a daily entry in your travel journal. I will correct your text (if you want) and give you feedback to improve your writing skills.
I was teaching Spanish in Ireland for years. Now I live on the Camino de Santiago. I see pilgrims passing by all the time. This sparked my enthusiasm for the Camino, which is a life-changing experience. And I think that knowing at least some basic Spanish can enrich this experience. So I decided to combine my teaching experience with my interest in the Camino: I created Spanish for the Camino, in order to help pilgrims have a better experience by giving them the tools to communicate in Spanish.
Click on the button below to fill in the application
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in this experience?
- 6 nights’ accommodation (Sunday to Friday) in private accommodations.
- Immersive, 6-day Spanish experience and coaching sessions from native Spanish speaker and experienced tutor María Seco.
- Breakfasts + 1 other meal per day.
- Both structured and spontaneous conversation practice.
If you have dietary restrictions, that’s not a problem. Let me know in advance and we will do my best to accommodate you.
What’s the necessary Spanish level?
Some basic Spanish is required. Not recommended for total beginners. The group is hand-picked to ensure that each participant will be able to achieve their language goals.
If you are unsure about whether your level is right for this walk and talk experience, don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can have a chat and I’ll do my best to help you.
How do I get to Vigo?
Vigo can be reached by plane, bus or train.
Rome2Rio is fantastic tool to explore different travel options.
If you need assistance finding the best way to get to Vigo, get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you.
How do I join?
Fill in the application or send me an email to email@example.com, including a bit of background about how long you’ve been learning Spanish and a description of what level you’re at. I’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
I Have More Questions. What Should I do?
No problem! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can schedule a free call.